Friday, August 2, 2013

Surrounded by Desks

Lately I've fixed up quite a few desks.  This one I picked up at a local thrift store for $13!  It's solid wood, doesn't have any structural problems and all the drawers work properly so it was an easy fix up.  My boyfriend, Daniel, was with and he is not a big fan of helping me load the furniture but I make him help anyways, that's part of his boyfriend duties!  So we loaded it into the truck and brought it home. My dad was really excited because he likes it when and I bring home new projects, especially when it's solid wood and not a chair (he's not a big fan of chairs).  I actually bought this when my mom had a "Don't buy any more furniture!" ban on me but I don't listen to those kinds of bans.  When I find something new to fix up I can't help myself!  It's really an addiction.

I really liked the wood grain on the desk so I decided to restain the top and drawers.  I painted the body a dark grey and sprayed the pulls with a bronze oil rubbed spray.
This piece is my dads favorite one so far!  He wanted to keep it but I reminded him that we don't need another desk.

This next desk I bought at the Unique thrift store.  Unique is one of my favorite places to look for cheap furniture to fix up but sometimes their prices are inconsistent.  This desk was $12.
I really like the shape of this desk.  I decided to restain the top really dark and then paint the bottom white.  It took more coats of paint then I thought it would getting it to be white but after looking at the finished product it was worth it!


 Here are two other desks I fixed up without the before pictures.
I hope you aren't tired of looking at desks!  But if you need one you know where to go, lol

1 comment:

  1. Admiring the hard work you put into your blog and detailed information you provide.
    It's great to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same old rehashed information. Wonderful read! I've bookmarked your site and I'm including your RSS feeds to my Google account.
    My Blog: DIY Tips

    ReplyDelete